Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 344
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Beat 1 cup softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat one egg into the batter until fully integrated. Add second egg with vanilla extract; beat until smooth.
- Dissolve baking soda into hot water in a small bowl; stir into the batter along with the heavy cream. Add flour and chocolate chips into the batter; stir vigorously for 20 seconds. Stir the cookie spread through the batter.
- Drop batter onto prepared baking sheet in portions spaced about 1-inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 344 calories; 17.6 44.3 3.4 52 159 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The first thing I noticed when reading this recipe was the baking soda being dissolved in hot water. Baking soda does not need this step but Baker's Ammonia (Ammonium Carbonate) does. This lea...