Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 119
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Pulse chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup crumbs in a small bowl. Add cream cheese to remaining crumbs in the food processor; pulse until well combined.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into walnut-size balls using dampened hands.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Dip balls in the chocolate mixture, turning with a fork to completely coat. Lift the truffles out of the chocolate mixture using 2 forks, letting excess chocolate drip into the bowl. Transfer truffles to the prepared baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs over truffles.
- Chill truffles in refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- For red-and-white-striped truffles, use white chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate for the coating and skip the crumb topping. Tint remaining coating (left over from dipping the balls) with red gel food coloring, warm it gently, and drizzle over the chilled balls.
- For brown-and-white-striped truffles, skip the crumb topping, and drizzle chilled balls with melted white chocolate.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the chocolate coating. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 7.4 13 1.7 6 61 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
These are my kids favorite! I make at least 2 batches every year during the holidays. I like to just add some colored sprinkles on top to decorate them. So pretty, and delicious too! Hard to eat...
These are delicious. I made these and the Oreo cookie truffles and everyone loves them. I made the truffles, then froze them on a cookie sheet. I then put them in a ziplock bag until I was re...
Yummy and easy. Looks like I slaved in the kitchen making these. Great with chocolate/peanut butter sandwhich cookies and a peanut butter coating.
Very good and easy! I put them in the freezer for about an hour before dipping them.
I've made these several times now and I keep getting requests! I use milk chocolate and an extra row of cookies because my boyfriend doesn't care for cream cheese. I just bought a set of candy d...
I only set aside 1/4c cookie crumbs for putting on the truffles later. 1/2c was too much. DELICIOUS!!!
I just love the rich Delicious taste of these incredibly easy truffles. Love them and i will be making them for all special occasions.