Sea Salt and Rosemary Pizza Bianca Bites with Mortadella and Mozzarella
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 35 m servings 124
Original recipe yields 42 servings
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in a bowl; add sugar, stir, and let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Mix 3 1/2 cups flour with rosemary and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Pour the yeast mixture into flour mixture; slowly add 11 ounces warm water and mix until dough holds together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Grease a large glass bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place dough in the bowl, turning once to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into a cool oven with the oven light on until dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Line a rimless baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour over parchment paper. Turn risen dough onto the parchment paper and flatten it gently with your hands, forming a 9x13-inch rectangle.
- Place baking sheet into the oven, with the oven light on, until dough has risen, another 1 1/2 hours.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over dough and top with coarse sea salt.
- Position your oven rack slightly lower than center, and place a baking stone on the rack.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Gently slide the parchment off of the sheet pan and onto the baking stone.
- Bake dough in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Gently lift the crust using a pizza peel or large spatula and pull the parchment paper out so that the crust is directly on the baking stone.
- Continue to bake until crust is golden brown, 15 to 16 minutes more. Transfer crust to a cooling rack to cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Slice the crust into small squares. Cut each square in half horizontally so that you have a top and a bottom. Fold a mortadella slice in half and then in half again; place on top of the pizza bottom. Layer a basil leaf on top of mortadella and top with a mozzarella slice. Add the pizza top and secure with an appetizer pick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- if you don't have a rimless sheet pan, you can turn your rimmed sheet pan over, and place the parchment on the bottom side (this is so that you can easily slide the parchment onto a baking stone).
- If you don't have a baking stone, you can bake the pizza on a sheet pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time to achieve a crisp bottom crust.
Per Serving: 124 calories; 7 9.1 5.5 16 333 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1