Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 142
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cut off feathery legs and hard pointed area right above the tail of each shrimp. Rinse shrimp and dry thoroughly.
- Combine salt, pepper, and 5-spice powder in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in wok or a heavy pot over high heat until your deep fry thermometer reaches 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook shrimp, about 5 per batch, in the hot oil until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Return oil temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) before each new batch.
- Discard the oil in the wok and heat wok over medium-high heat; add deep-fried shrimp and spice mix and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- A special equipment need is a deep fryer thermometer.
- Carefully pour your very hot cooking oil in to a heat-proof bowl to cool down before you discard.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 142 calories; 11.5 0.2 9.3 86 264 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1