Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 71 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons salt over eggplant rounds in colander; allow to drain at least 30 minutes. Rinse salt off the eggplant.
- Spread bread crumbs into a shallow bowl and beat egg in a separate bowl. Dip eggplant into egg, allowing excess egg to drip off the eggplant; press into bread crumbs until eggplant slices are evenly coated on both sides.
- Arrange coated eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining 1 teaspoon salt with ricotta cheese in a bowl. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture onto each eggplant.
- Bake eggplant in the oven until cheese is heated through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place 1 eggplant slice onto each pita chip; top with a cherry tomato and basil leaf.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use fresh mozzarella in place of the ricotta if desired.
- Crackers or toast rounds can be substituted for the pita chips.
- If eggplant rounds are large, cut in half so the eggplant fits on your crackers.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the salt and breading ingredients. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 71 calories; 2.2 g fat; 9.8 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 354 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1