Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 184
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and allspice together in a bowl. Beat sugar, applesauce, and eggs together in a separate bowl; mix into the flour mixture until batter is just combined. Fold zucchini and carrots into batter. Divide batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaves comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- This is a very forgiving bread. Feel free to experiment with nuts and/or raisins.
- You could also substitute Splenda® for some or all of the sugar or Egg Beaters® for the whole eggs if you are looking for something even lighter!
Per Serving: 184 calories; 1.3 39.7 3.9 35 258 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a very good recipe! I did make a couple of changes, adding some shredded yellow squash with the zucchini and carrots to make 2 1/2 cups. I also used half whole wheat and half white flou...
Sorry, but I actually threw these away. I think it could be adjusted because the flavor was okay. The texture was pretty horrible though. That may be due to the applesauce and could be fixed wit...