Ingredients35 m servings 174 cals
- Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Combine chicken broth and farro together in a large frying pan or wok; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until farro is tender and the broth is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir olive oil mixture into farro until farro is coated. Add kale to farro mixture; cook and stir until kale is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle feta cheese over farro salad and stir until cheese is incorporated. Season salad with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pearled or whole grain farro can be used. For a firmer texture use less liquid and for a softer texture use more liquid when boiling the farro.
- Feel free to substitute spinach for the kale.
- Vegetable broth can be substituted for the chicken broth.
Per Serving: 174 calories; 5.6 g fat; 26.4 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 9 mg cholesterol; 631 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 41
I actually mixed this recipe with the farro with wild mushrooms recipe on this site. I mainly followed that one due to the mushrooms and this recipe adding the greens, I used spinach, and feta a...
Good, quick, healthy. I added a can of drained canneloni beans and used as a main dish. A little bland. The next time I make it will add sauteed onions and try some herbs.
I loved the recipe but because it is only for me I made some changes to increase the protein and use ingredients I already had in the house. When cooking the farro, I used water instead of chic...
Nutritious and delicious! Made this as instructed, except that I didn't have any kale, spinach, or similar greens to use, so I chopped up some steamed asparagus that I had and added that into th...
I used mixed greens (baby chard, spinach and kale) in place of the kale and it was delicious. My family loved it ! I will definitely be making this again!
doubled the kale, kept everything else the same. didn't need salt (even using low sodium chicken broth), thanks to the feta. delicious!
This was so easy to make and it tastes so good! I have been looking for a healthy side to go with my meals.