Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 205 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Stir water, quinoa, sage, and basil leaf together in a saucepan; bring water to a boil, cover saucepan with a lid, reduce heat to low, and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove basil leaf from quinoa mixture and discard. Stir asparagus, goat cheese, and chia seeds into the quinoa mixture; replace lid on saucepan and let the mixture steam until the goat cheese melts and the asparagus softens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I do not cook my quinoa separately as I like it raw and I think it adds crunch to the quinoa.
- If you prefer you can fry the asparagus separately in some olive oil and then add it to the quinoa mix.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 5.5 g fat; 30.5 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 44 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this as a side dish with salmon. I also added more asparagus, and added it to the quinoa during the last 5 minutes of cooking. This was an outstanding recipes, quick and simple. I will...