Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 424 cals
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir rice into boiling water, cover saucepan with a lid, and remove saucepan entirely from heat. Let rice and water sit undisturbed until the rice is tender and the water absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Mix rice, ground beef, barbeque sauce, ketchup, egg, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Put 2 slices bacon into the cavity of each bell pepper so that the centers of each slice form a cross at the bottom and the strips run up the insides of the peppers. Fill the pepper with the ground beef mixture to the top and fold the ends of the bacon strips over the top of the beef filling. Arrange peppers into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef filling is hot and grey in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Per Serving: 424 calories; 22.5 g fat; 23.6 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 118 mg cholesterol; 1226 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is one of the better recipes I've tried for stuffed green peppers. The bacon adds a nice flavor to the dish.
Wow! I have been looking up recipes on this site for many years... this is my first review. My husband and I very much enjoy a traditional stuffed pepper. This is something completely different...
Made exactly peer recipe, it was a huge hit! Am going to try it with mini peppers and serve as an appetizer for a bbq.