Ingredients50 m servings 290 cals
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion and salt and cook until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the soup in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the queso fresco.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture in the center of each dough circle. Brush the edges of the dough circles with water. Fold the dough in half over the filling. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush the empanadas with the egg. Place the empanadas onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the empanadas are golden brown.
- Serving Suggestion: Delicious served with salsa, guacamole or sour cream for dipping.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 14.7 g fat; 25.8 g carbohydrates; 13.9 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 569 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
They have discontinued this soup, so added cilantro, a can of black beans, beef consume and cheddar soup. Turned out tasty and very filling. Used the small empanada discs. Will make them agai...
I omitted the Campbell soup and instead created a tomato sauce using 1 small can of crushed tomatoes w/ jalapeños, cumin, 1TBS of molasses, chill powder, garlic powder, black pepper and 2TBS of...