Pumpkin Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients25 m servings 231
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and white sugar together in a bowl until creamy; add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until dough is well-mixed; slowly stir in oats. Stir butterscotch chips into dough until evenly distributed. Drop dough by the spoonful 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use more or less of the pumpkin puree or oatmeal depending on the consistency you desire. You can also add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg with the cinnamon for extra spice.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 12 27.9 2.5 16 87 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I enjoy tweaking recipes to my personal liking, but there was very little to change with these cookies. The sugar was spot on, (not teeth numbing sweet) and the 1 cup of chips were perfect not t...
Made these a couple of times. My granddaughter loves soft cookies, so she really enjoys these. The only thing I didn't like were the butterscotch chips. The chips taste very "phony", not lik...
Loved these cookies, followed recipe except I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 butter Crisco. Took them to my office 2 times and they keep asking for more.
This is a nice oatmeal cookie, I couldn't really taste the pumpkin though. I was a little short on butterscotch chips so I added some chocolate chips. Baked for 10 minutes and they were perfec...
I did not have butterscotch chips so I used white chocolate chips instead.Still yummy! I plan to make again using butterscotch chips.
I used a cup of butter and a 1/4 cup of shortening instead of a cup of shortening. Used 12 oz of butterscotch chips. Dough was not quite as thick as it should have been. However, they do taste g...
Everyone in my family loved these but I did make some changes based on my taste and available items. I cut down the brown sugar to 1/2 c. Next time I'll probably take the 1/4c out of the white...