Pumpkin Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients25 m servings 231
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and white sugar together in a bowl until creamy; add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until dough is well-mixed; slowly stir in oats. Stir butterscotch chips into dough until evenly distributed. Drop dough by the spoonful 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use more or less of the pumpkin puree or oatmeal depending on the consistency you desire. You can also add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg with the cinnamon for extra spice.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 12 27.9 2.5 16 87 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I enjoy tweaking recipes to my personal liking, but there was very little to change with these cookies. The sugar was spot on, (not teeth numbing sweet) and the 1 cup of chips were perfect not t...
Made these a couple of times. My granddaughter loves soft cookies, so she really enjoys these. The only thing I didn't like were the butterscotch chips. The chips taste very "phony", not lik...
Loved these cookies, followed recipe except I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 butter Crisco. Took them to my office 2 times and they keep asking for more.
This is a nice oatmeal cookie, I couldn't really taste the pumpkin though. I was a little short on butterscotch chips so I added some chocolate chips. Baked for 10 minutes and they were perfec...
I made these cookies with the following changes. I used chocolate chips instead of butterscotch chips. I added 1/2 a cup of raisins. They do not spread so you have to flatten them out before ...
I did not have butterscotch chips so I used white chocolate chips instead.Still yummy! I plan to make again using butterscotch chips.
I used a cup of butter and a 1/4 cup of shortening instead of a cup of shortening. Used 12 oz of butterscotch chips. Dough was not quite as thick as it should have been. However, they do taste g...