Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread almonds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake almonds until toasted and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and cool almonds slightly; chop.
- Sift flour 2 times. Mix cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together with flour in a bowl. Beat white sugar, shortening, and eggs together in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix creamed mixture into flour mixture. Add almonds, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract to flour mixture and mix well using your hands or a large spoon until dough holds together and is smooth. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until bottoms are slightly brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and almond extract together in a bowl; add enough water to make a thin frosting. Roll cookies in the frosting and place on a wire rack to dry.
You might also like
Per Serving: 239 calories; 10.2 34 4.7 24 123 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1