Kale, Cabbage, and Brussels Sprout Salad
"Hale and hearty, this kale salad is a powerhouse of nutrients that is very easy to eat! The salad bursts with the flavor of mandarin oranges, sweet and tart strawberries, and has a pleasant poppy seed dressing. When mangoes are in season, you can substitute them for the mandarin oranges or walnuts and pomegranates, toasted cashews or walnuts, and apples in the fall for different flavors. The possibilities are endless!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 631 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Pour pepitas into a bowl and coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper over pepitas and toss to coat.
- Cook and stir coated pepitas in a skillet over medium-low heat until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and allow pepitas to cool.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, curly kale, lacinato kale, napa cabbage, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, green onions, strawberries, and toasted pepitas in a large bowl.
- Mix poppy seed dressing and orange juice together in a bowl; pour over Brussels sprouts mixture and toss well.
- Cook's Note:
- Vary the amount of greens until you find a combination you like or add red cabbage for color.
Per Serving: 631 calories; 34.3 g fat; 71.6 g carbohydrates; 10.4 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 524 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1