Ingredients35 m servings 202 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll out pie crust lengthwise to fit into the bottom a 13x9-inch baking dish with a good 1/2-inch of the crust up all sides.
- Mix apple pie filling, ricotta cheese, egg, and shredded Cheddar cheese together in a bowl; pour over the pastry and flatten into a smooth layer.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl. Mash butter into the flour mixture with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the apple pie mixture in the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is a good caramel-brown color, 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 9 g fat; 26.3 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 351 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It had a very nice flavor. I was skeptical that the apple pie filling and cheddar would clash, but I was wrong. The only problem is that there is definitely too much salt in the crumb topping.
What a nice combination of flavors, and to think it starts with a can of cinnamon-y apple pie filling...how easy is that??? The cheddar is sharp, but it’s mellowed out by the ricotta resulting ...
I really wanted to like this. I really loved the idea, but we found that the crust was pasty, the filling was bland, the topping was way too salty, and the cheese was non existent. We could ...