made it | 0 reviews |
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
"Chocolate and vanilla come together as a perfect pairing in this gorgeous layered cheesecake - the perfect dessert for impressing a crowd."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 15 m servings 342 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 servings, 1 piece (78 g) each)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix baking crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat chocolate cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust. Freeze 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Beat plain cream cheese and remaining sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Add remaining egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over chocolate batter; gently spread to evenly cover chocolate batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt each chocolate separately as directed on package. Pour semi-sweet chocolate onto parchment-covered baking sheet; spread to 1/4-inch thickness. Top with small spoonfuls of white chocolate; swirl gently with knife. Cool until firm.
- Cut chocolate into desired shapes. Use to garnish cheesecake before serving.
- Prepare as directed, substituting 2 pkg. plain PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese for the chocolate cream cheese, and blending 3 oz. melted BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate into the prepared batter before pouring over crust and freezing as directed.
- Special Extra:
- Top with cut-up fresh fruit just before serving.
- Size Wise:
- Savour a serving of this rich and indulgent dessert on special occasions. This impressive cheesecake makes enough for 16 servings.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 22.8 g fat; 30.2 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 90 mg cholesterol; 236 mg sodium. Full nutrition