Saucy Spinach Bake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
"Need a fresh idea for spinach? This side dish combines spinach in a cheesy sauce with a topping of crushed crackers and shredded Mozza-Cheddar cheese."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 218
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 servings, 1/2 cup (125 mL) each)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cook and stir cream cheese product and milk in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended. (Do not let mixture come to boil.) Gradually stir in spinach; cover. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in half the shredded cheese.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Combine cracker crumbs and remaining shredded cheese; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until spinach mixture is heated through and sauce is hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- How to Wash Fresh Spinach:
- Spinach can hold a lot of dirt and must be thoroughly washed before using. To clean, fill a large bowl with water, then swish spinach around in water until most of the dirt comes off. Repeat process 2 or 3 times, using clean water each time, until no more dirt clings to the spinach. Rinse spinach thoroughly under running water. Remove hard stems; discard. Add leaves to salad spinner; spin dry. Or, pat leaves dry with paper towels.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 12.3 15 10 39 471 Full nutrition