Indian Chickpeas in Tea
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 279
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes with green chile peppers into the onion mixture; cook until the tomatoes darken in color, about 8 minutes; add ginger and cook until ginger is fragrant, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir chickpeas, black tea, lemon juice, salt, cumin, garam masala, and coriander into the tomato mixture; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, loosely cover the skillet, and cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tea has nearly evaporated completely, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a more robust flavor, omit the ground coriander and instead use 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro.
- If you are sensitive to spicy things, get the 'mild' version of the RO*TEL® tomatoes.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 11.1 38.7 8 0 1193 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had to make a few changes based on what was in the house. I used fresh tomatoes and a tiny bit of chopped hot pepper (my kids just won't eat anything too spicy). I also used a tea with cinnam...