Noodles and Eggs
Ingredients25 m servings 243
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon cooked pasta over the butter, without stirring. Season pasta with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Pour eggs over pasta and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set, about 2 minutes. Cook and stir eggs and pasta until eggs are nearly set, about 5 minutes. Cover skillet and remove from heat; allow to sit until eggs are set, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If using leftover pasta, noodles can be added cold to the skillet.
- If you wish to add fresh onion, garlic, or vegetables to the mixture, cook them in the butter before adding pasta to the skillet.
- Dried herbs or spices can be added with salt and pepper.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 243 calories; 8.5 29.9 11.5 194 93 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
We love this! Even our kids! I doubled the recipe...added garlic, onions, and cheese. I've made it 3 or 4 times now!
I did.i added some onion , garlic, red pepper and spinach. Found some dried porcinis I needed to use up so threw those in with pasta. It was good.. needed another egg white though, but that was ...
It was very good! I added some shredded cheese and garlic, and it went very well. I'm definitely gonna make this again.
I made this myself as a child in Brooklyn, NY -- and yes, I used ketchup! I loved it. Sort of a variation on Matzoh Brie using noodles instead of matzoh!