Pumpkin Energy Bars
Ingredients50 m servings 266 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large bar-cookie pan.
- Stir pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, oil, and water together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir all-purpose flour, pastry flour, powdered milk, almonds, flax seed meal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger together with a whisk in a separate bowl; stir into the pumpkin mixture until you have a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cook's Notes:
- Once completely cooled, set flat or separate with wax paper in a sealable plastic freezer bag, seal the bag, and freeze. For school snacks, pull out a bar or two and send that energy to school!
- Use whatever ground, unsalted seeds and/or nuts you like for the almonds (i.e. sunflower or pumpkin seeds).
- You can stir chocolate chips into the batter before baking if you prefer.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 15.4 g fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 327 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
These are well worth the effort of grinding flax and nuts. They are my go to healthy snack. My 2 yr old grandson loves these.
Yummy, though not quite what I expected. I thought these would be more the consistency of granola bars, but they're not even close. I might experiment with skipping the eggs and perhaps adding s...
I almost didn't make these because there were so few reviews. Don't make that mistake! These are delicious! I made them for packed lunches and the fam ate them all before we packed any!