Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 15 m servings 327 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine chicken, butternut squash, red beans, hominy, chicken broth, salsa, beer, and Mexican oregano in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 1/2 hours (or on High for 3 1/2 hours). Stir cream into soup and continue cooking for 30 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- Can omit chicken and use veggie broth for a vegetarian version.
- Pinto beans, black beans, or a mixture of beans can be used in place of red beans.
- Sweet potatoes can be substituted for the butternut squash.
- Regular oregano can be used in place of the Mexican oregano.
- I use dark beer, but any variety will do.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 8.5 g fat; 41.7 g carbohydrates; 21.3 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 913 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
As the recipe is written, it is a nice but rather bland soup. I used a roasted garlic salsa that I really like but it didn't add nearly enough spice to the soup. I have never had a posole that d...