Ingredients50 m servings 324
- Pour vegetable broth into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add Chinese 5-spice powder to onion mixture, stir to coat, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix sweet potatoes, apples, salt, and onion mixture into broth; cook until sweet potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool soup for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Cook's Note:
- Carrots or pumpkin may also be used. Either use less sweet potatoes or apple or add more broth.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 4.6 66.7 5.7 0 1705 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Gosh this was good. My issue with most sweet potato soup is they are overly sweet... this one is not. The 5 spice powder adds a really nice flavor to this and balances the sweetens well. Will ...
This was quick and delicious! It is extremely flavorful for how simple it is. Loved it! Thank you for sharing. Kids enjoyed it too!
This was easy and the number of flavors in every bite was amazing.