Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 324 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour vegetable broth into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add Chinese 5-spice powder to onion mixture, stir to coat, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix sweet potatoes, apples, salt, and onion mixture into broth; cook until sweet potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool soup for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Cook's Note:
- Carrots or pumpkin may also be used. Either use less sweet potatoes or apple or add more broth.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 4.6 g fat; 66.7 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1705 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Gosh this was good. My issue with most sweet potato soup is they are overly sweet... this one is not. The 5 spice powder adds a really nice flavor to this and balances the sweetens well. Will ...