Ingredients20 m servings 327
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form soft mounds rather than a sharp peak.
- Beat egg yolks, buttermilk, pumpkin, and butter together with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth; add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, salt, and cloves. Stir the mixture with the whisk just until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter just until combined.
- Prepare cooking surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray. Ladle about 2/3 cup batter into the prepared iron and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Waffle irons come in many varieties. Consult the manufacturer directions for best guidance on batter amounts and cooking times.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 12.2 45.4 9.7 118 618 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
These are sooo good! I used a regular waffle iron (not Belgian), and the pancakes came out perfect--nice and fluffy. I've never whipped eggs in order to make waffle batter but it works and made ...
These waffles were delicious! Fluffy inside, and a little bit crispy on the outside. We didn't have the individual spices, so used 3 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead.
I have been on a waffle kick all week. I tried gingerbread and apple cinnamon waffles, which were both good, before looking for a pumpkin recipe. This one is by far the best! I prepared the reci...
Family favorite! Whenever I’ve made it for friends, they too enjoy it immensely.
Made almost exact, but I have a large container of pumpkin pie spice that I wanted to get used up, so did 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. All the rest I kept the same. ...
Made recipe as written and was excellent! My kids and I thought it could use a little more sugar, so next time I would increase that to 1/2 cup. I always use whole wheat pastry flour (not the sa...
Very yummy and makes enough batter for six big Belgian waffles. Kids and adults alike are them up!