Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 372
- Cook and stir beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven until browned, about 5 minutes; drain excess grease.
- Stir beef bouillon into chicken broth in a bowl until dissolved; add to beef.
- Mix onions, Greek seasoning, black pepper, and bay leaves into broth-beef mixture; cover saucepan and simmer until beef is tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Add cabbage and celery to broth-beef mixture; cover saucepan and simmer until celery is tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Stir plum tomatoes, tomato sauce, and salt into broth-beef mixture and simmer, uncovered, until stew is slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Beef broth can be substituted for the chicken broth.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 22.7 9 31.8 99 612 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 34
This was wonderful! I changed a few things only because I wanted to use what I had in my pantry and frig: My package of stew meat was a little larger than 2 lbs, so I used it all; I used an enti...
This is one of the best stews I have ever made!! Bursting with flavor, thick and savory. I made it exactly how the recipe said and I will most definitely be making this again.
I made this but didn't want to use the beef bouillon cube so just used beef broth instead. I had a green head of cabbage leftover so used that instead of bagged so I had to double the liquid to ...
This is a great low carb meal. After browning the meat, I took the meat out and sautéed the onions in the dripping until they were brown --which added another dimension to the taste. After the...
I grew up on this stew! My Russian grandmother made it all the time! Sometimes she would add carrots if she had some on hand, and there were always potatoes too, otherwise this is spot on and de...
I started this recipe by making my own Greek seasoning using the seasoning recipe I found in this app. Yummy! I then doubled the stew recipe and used fire roasted tomatoes rather than plum. I co...
Made a few changes and the outcome was very delicious. I didn't have greek seasoning, so I looked it up and made something pretty close to it. I added the seasoning to the meat as it browned, al...