Fork-Tender Slow Cooker Brisket
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 40 m servings 277
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 pound brisket)
- Combine onion, liquid smoke flavoring, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chili powder, celery seed, chipotle pepper, and salt in a bowl until marinade is smooth. Place brisket in a shallow glass dish and pour marinade over brisket. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape onion from the brisket, reserving onion and marinade. Cook brisket in the hot oil until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer brisket to a slow cooker on Low.
- Pour marinade with onion and vinegar into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook mixture until onion is tender and liquid is reduced by 3/4, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix vinegar-onion mixture, tomatoes, water, and bay leaves into slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until brisket is very tender, at least 6 hours.
- Strain liquids from slow cooker into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Whisk enough flour into liquid until desired gravy consistency is reached, about 5 minutes.
- Shred brisket with a fork and serve with gravy and tomato-onion mixture.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 22.9 5.3 12.5 47 448 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
On 4 lbs of brisket, I doubled the other ingredients and tripled the garlic and onion. Delicious and was truly fork tender. Great meal for after work.