Sweet and Tangy Apple Pork Chops
Ingredients30 m servings 265 cals
- Mix brown sugar, honey mustard, mustard powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder together in a small bowl; rub onto pork chops and let sit on a plate for flavors to dissolve into pork chops, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add apple cider. Arrange coated pork chops in the skillet; cook until pork chops are browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to omit the cumin or to lessen it, since I know it is a strong flavor.
- Feel free to add more cayenne, if you think you can handle it! Or use any variety of chile powder.
- Dijon works just as well in place of honey mustard. Also, you can mix together plain mustard and some honey.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 14 g fat; 20.4 g carbohydrates; 15.1 g protein; 54 mg cholesterol; 138 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The blend of spices is delightful! I thought the amount of cumin was spot on. I did change the method of cooking because I was doing so many chops. I baked them at 375F for 35 minutes, until ...