Sweet and Tangy Apple Pork Chops
"This is a recipe I created using the idea that pork and apples go splendidly together! The seasonings give the pork a sweet and slightly spicy taste. The apple cider adds to the sweetness, while bringing a unique tartness as it is absorbed into the meat. Serve with applesauce, if desired. Hope you enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix brown sugar, honey mustard, mustard powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder together in a small bowl; rub onto pork chops and let sit on a plate for flavors to dissolve into pork chops, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add apple cider. Arrange coated pork chops in the skillet; cook until pork chops are browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Feel free to omit the cumin or to lessen it, since I know it is a strong flavor.
- Feel free to add more cayenne, if you think you can handle it! Or use any variety of chile powder.
- Dijon works just as well in place of honey mustard. Also, you can mix together plain mustard and some honey.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 14 20.4 15.1 54 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The blend of spices is delightful! I thought the amount of cumin was spot on. I did change the method of cooking because I was doing so many chops. I baked them at 375F for 35 minutes, until ...