Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 584 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Stir cooked rice, cranberries, hazelnuts, and maple syrup together in a heavy saucepan. Put saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Pour cream over the rice mixture; stir. Continue cooking until the cream is heated, about 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- To cook wild rice: At least 1 hour ahead of time, bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup long-grain wild rice and bring water again to a boil. Cover pan and simmer rice until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain rice of any excess liquid in a wire mesh sieve. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
- Dried cherries and blueberries can replace some or all of the cranberries. Try a mixture!
- Slivered almonds are a fine substitution for the hazelnuts.
Per Serving: 584 calories; 32 g fat; 71 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 140 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
also good with fresh blueberries! (can do this with just wild rice and maple syrup with cranberries or blueberries, and serve cold)