Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 230
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roast tomatoes in preheated oven on the prepared baking sheet until completely softened, about 25 minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a cutting board to cool.
- Spread chopped carrot onto the prepared baking sheet; season with a pinch of cinnamon and salt.
- Roast carrots in preheated oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toast onion slices, garlic cloves, and jalapeno pepper in the skillet until beginning to char, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Peel cooled tomatoes and put in a blender bowl; add onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, Sriracha chile sauce, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and puree until smooth.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir pureed tomato mixture into the oil; cook and stir until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the pot; add chicken bouillon and stir. Bring liquid to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook mixture, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Stir chicken and black beans into the soup; bring again to a simmer and cook until beans are softened, about 15 minutes. Add carrots and cook to reheat the carrots, 2 to 3 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 230 calories; 8.6 21.6 17.2 37 846 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1