Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 278 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic slices in hot oil until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock over the garlic; add cranberry beans, corn, tomato, currants, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper, respectively, and stir. Sprinkle 1 pinch oregano over the beans mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, add another splash chicken stock, and cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally and adding more broth to keep mixture from becoming dry, until the beans are completely tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir remaining oregano into the beans mixture; transfer to a plate and garnish with lemon zest.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock if you prefer.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 8.1 g fat; 41.7 g carbohydrates; 13.1 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 182 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious. And very easy to make, just takes a bit of time to cook. I made a few changes.... Being a vegan I swapped the stock to low sodium vegetable stock, and when there was about 20 minutes ...