Ingredients45 m servings 448
- Combine flour, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper to taste in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs and milk together in a second shallow bowl until smooth. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 1 teaspoon black pepper together in a third shallow bowl.
- Scoop stuffing, about 2 tablespoons per serving, and roll into a ball using your hands, forming about 12 balls. Dredge each ball through the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Transfer each ball to the egg mixture and evenly coat. Roll each ball in the bread crumbs mixture until evenly coated. Set each stuffing ball on a plate and allow to sit for the coating to stick to the stuffing.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Carefully lower 4 to 5 stuffing balls into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Repeat with the remaining stuffing balls.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 448 calories; 26.7 40.7 11.5 68 958 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Tasty, but the breading is completely unnecessary. So is the egg. Just fry the stuffing balls as is.
I really enjoyed these. They need a dipping sauce of some sort. I will definitely pair these with a gravy next time around. They went together quickly and took even less time to cook.
None of my family likes stuffing so when I told them I was making stuffing balls they all groaned. Once they tasted them they were all gone in no time. I added 1 tsp sage to the dressing and I ...