Fried Peach and Pancetta Pizza
Ingredients1 h servings 504 cals
- Preheat an oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle pancetta into a cold skillet and drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over pancetta. Cook and stir pancetta over medium heat until browned and caramelized, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool pancetta in the oil in the skillet.
- Place 1 dough quarter on a work surface and lightly dust with flour; roll into a 1/8-inch-thick irregularly shaped crust. Stretch dough with your hands to an even thickness; let rest on the work surface for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Heat about 1 cup olive oil, reaching about 1/2-inch depth, in a heavy cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each piece of dough until browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. The first side will be lighter than the second side. Drain the crusts on paper towels.
- Transfer pizza crusts, lighter-side up, to prepared baking sheets. Spread about 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese onto each crust using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme over ricotta layer. Sprinkle pancetta over the ricotta-thyme layer; season with black pepper. Nestle about 5 peach slices onto each pizza, working around the pancetta pieces. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan-Reggiano cheese over each pizza. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil over Parmesan-Reggiano layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and peaches are lightly browned and tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool pizzas for 5 to 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Cook's Notes:
- The fried pizza crusts can be made ahead of time.
- Fresh basil can be used in place of the thyme for a sweeter flavor.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 504 calories; 25.8 g fat; 46.3 g carbohydrates; 19.8 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 1098 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This might be the best thing I've ever made off of this website, and I'm on it every day! Will DEFINITELY make again. No one could get enough, it disappeared off the table.
It was very good. But I used pita bread because I didn't want to make my own crust. Still was very good.