Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h servings 76
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 breadsticks)
- Dissolve the yeast in water and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Allow to stand for 5 minutes or until a creamy foam forms. Add olive oil, Diamond Crystal(R) Fine Sea Salt, caraway seed, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix until blended. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Stir 2 cups of flour into the yeast mixture and mix, adding as much additional flour as necessary for dough to pull away from the sides of the bowl and form a ball on the hook. Knead on low speed for 6 to 8 minutes until smooth and slightly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise for about an hour or until doubled.
- Stir dough down. Cover bowl again and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight to relax the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly scatter half the Diamond Crystal(R) Coarse Sea Salt and half the whole caraway seeds over the surface.
- Divide the dough in quarters; cover and refrigerate all but one quarter at a time. Divide each quarter into 6 equal pieces and roll each into a rope about 12 inches long. Place each on the prepared pan and lightly press down. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Cover the baking sheet lightly and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray or brush each rope with water and sprinkle with the remaining Diamond Crystal(R) Coarse Sea Salt and caraway seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven until nicely browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Per Serving: 76 calories; 0.9 14.8 2.1 0 362 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1