Salted Caramel Chocolate Sandwich Cookie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 131 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 sandwich cookies)
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Whisk together flour, Diamond Crystal(R) Fine Sea Salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Form in 2 balls. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out each ball to 1/4 inch thickness on a sheet of waxed paper sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. Cut out circles or little shapes using a small 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet. (Note: If dough becomes too soft when rolling out, place back in the refrigerator.)
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove cookies and place on wire rack to cool.
- Salted Caramel Filling: Use a microwave safe glass measuring cup. Remove wrappers from caramels. Add caramels, Diamond Crystal(R) Fine Sea Salt, and heavy whipping cream to measuring cup. Microwave using 20-second intervals, for approximately 1 minute. Stir after each interval.
- Chocolate Ganache: Use a 1 cup measuring cup. Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Microwave until the cream starts to bubble. (Approximately 25-30 seconds.) Remove the heavy cream from the microwave. Add chocolate chips. Let the mixture rest for 2 minutes. Then stir with a spoon until smooth.
- To make sandwich cookies, add 1/2 teaspoon of caramel and 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate ganache to the bottom side of half the cookies. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich cookie.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 7 g fat; 16.3 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium. Full nutrition