Ingredients4 h servings 195 cals
- Toast pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Heat sugar over medium-high heat in a heavy pan or Dutch oven, stirring constantly. When sugar begins to melt, stir and cook until sugar turns a rich golden color. If color is too light, caramel flavor will be too faint.
- Remove caramelized sugar from heat; stir in cream. Return to heat and reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until caramel is well-dissolved into the cream. Remove from heat and stir in salt, vanilla, and half of the chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted. Stir in toasted pecan bits.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until set, about an hour.
- Form/roll into 24 small balls, about 3/4- to 1-inch, and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill 1 hour.
- Place the remaining chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on High for about 15 seconds; stir; continue to microwave in 15-second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Using a fork, roll the balls in the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment-lined bake sheet. Quickly sprinkle truffles with a few grains of Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt or Coarse Sea Salt. Chill to set, about an hour.
Per Serving: 195 calories; 12.8 g fat; 21.2 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 23 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
HI, recipe submitter here. I wanted to leave a tip in response to the first reviewer because I think perhaps the caramel may have been cooked too long because I've never had to wait 30 minutes ...
I've tried many types of truffle recipes for the holiday season for the past few years. I love the flavor combination of salt, caramel, and chocolate. The flavor of this recipe is delicious! It ...
Mine came out great! I made these as a Mother's Day gift and my mom absolutely loved them! Of course I ate some too, and we both agreed that they were rich, and that the contrasting salty and sw...