Salt-Crusted Lemon-Dill Cod Fillets
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 296
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the containers of Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt into a large mixing bowl. Add egg whites. Mix well with your hands or by blending with two spoons until the texture resembles moist sand.
- Layer half of the prepared salt on the bottom of a glass 9x13-inch baking dish; pat down firmly. Salt should be about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place the lemon slices edge to edge on top of the salt. You don't want the fish to actually touch the salt or it will absorb too much; the lemon slices will serve as a barrier and a flavor infuser. Save extra lemon slices for serving and garnish.
- Rub the fish fillets with olive oil on both sides, and season well with Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt and pepper.
- Arrange the fish fillets on top of the lemon slices, making sure no edges touch the salt base.
- Arrange the dill on top so that it covers the fish completely, reserving a few sprigs to chop for garnish. Again, this will serve as a barrier against the salt crust since there is no skin to protect it from absorbing too much salt during baking, as well as give it a bold, tangy flavor.
- Pour the rest of the salt mixture evenly onto the dill, smoothing carefully. Make sure all corners are covered; pat firmly to ensure a proper seal with no cracks.
- Place in middle rack of oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let fish rest for 5 minutes, then crack sides of salt crust with a strong knife before prying open.
- Cut each fillet in half. Serve with remaining lemon slices and fresh, chopped dill.
You might also like
- Change it up to include your favorite garden herbs and citrus fruit that you happen to have on hand. Rosemary, thyme, garlic, scallions, oranges, limes, grapefruit be creative!
Per Serving: 296 calories; 5.5 7.4 55.7 104 147928 Full nutrition