Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 1035 cals
- Mix milk, flour, cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, eggs, vanilla and Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt in a large mixing bowl until smooth and well blended.
- Melt about 1/3 teaspoon of the butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add about 1/4 cup of the batter to the skillet; tilt pan with a circular motion to evenly distribute batter. Cook until bubbles appear and the surface looks dull. Turn the crepe and cook on the other side approximately 1 minute. Place crepe on a plate. Repeat for the remaining crepes, separating them with a layer of waxed paper to prevent them from sticking to each other. Batter is enough to make about 16 crepes.
- For Chocolate Orange Sauce, place the cream into a medium pan and heat until very warm. Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate and stir until combined and silky. Add orange juice concentrate, vanilla, sugar and Diamond Crystal(R) Kosher Salt; stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Whip 2 cups whipping cream in a bowl until stiff.
- To assemble the cake, place a crepe on a serving plate. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream onto crepe; top with another crepe. Continue layering whipped cream and crepes, ending with an unfrosted crepe. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up the cake before serving.
- To serve, spoon about 4 tablespoons of sauce on a dessert plate in a small circle. Slice cake into wedges. Place a wedge of cake on top of the chocolate orange sauce.
- Optional garnishes: Peeled orange sections, mint sprigs, or shaved chocolate.
Per Serving: 1035 calories; 73.6 g fat; 85.3 g carbohydrates; 15.5 g protein; 271 mg cholesterol; 303 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was a lot of work, but oh so worth it! If you want less work, don't worry about making a cake, just makes your crepes, top with whip cream and chocolate sauce, and roll it! The Salted Choco...
Insanely rich. Kidlets want the leftover crepe cake for breakfast!
I only made the crepe part of this recipe and the crepes were great. I made two batches of crepes. The first batch I made the crepes right away. They were yummy but very airy. The second batch I...