Ingredients25 m servings 136 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Let chocolate cool slightly while preparing the egg whites.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks. Stir cream of tartar into the egg whites.
- Scoop some of the egg whites into the cooled melted chocolate and fold until smooth. Fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites. Stir chocolate chips into the mixture; drop by spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies set in their centers, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Nuts are optional. I like to place a pecan half on each cookie before baking. They are awesome!
Per Serving: 136 calories; 6.9 g fat; 17.7 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 18 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These were very interesting cookies. A combination of meringue, cake and crunch. Not too sweet, very chocolatey, light as air - they have the texture of eating a cloud of chocolate. They really ...
they where the best and I mean it the Best cookies I ever made thank you for this recipe
Had a lot of trouble getting the egg whites whipped - added a pinch of salt after reading some tips elsewhere, but still didn't manage to get past the soft peak stage (I think my eggs weren't fr...