Baked Apple French Toast Casserole
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 342
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 7x11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, milk, white sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl; add bread cubes and stir to coat. Let soak until bread is moist, at least 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir apples and brown sugar into the melted butter to moisten the sugar completely; add cinnamon and cook, stirring regularly, until the apples are warmed yet still firm, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir apple mixture into the bread mixture; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden on top and still somewhat soft in the center, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 14.4 43.7 10.2 153 367 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Everyone loved this! I added some raisins to the apple mixture and it turned out great. I also made a maple glaze to serve it with and it was such a hit that I thought I'd share it: Maple Glaz...
Great! I've made this numerous times, different ways based on things I had in the fridge. No apples? I used apple sauce. No cream? A full cup of milk is fine. I added nuts and syrup to the...
Didn't peel the apples because they're better for you that way, plus I didn't have time. Increased servings to 12 to use 16oz bread, or about 8 slices. Great with organic oat nut bread! Also use...
I made a triple recipe of this to serve for a large group, and it was a big hit! Not overly sweet, but lots of great flavor. I only made very minor changes, using gluten-free challa instead of t...
OMGosh, this was amazing!!!! I prepared the night before and used buttermilk instead of plain milk. I also added everything in the night before. Before putting in the the refrigerator I added an...
Used Vanilla Almond milk in place of milk/half & half combo. It turned out great, Very easy and quick to make,
Easy, delicious and not too sweet. I used Multigrain bread that I had on hand and a mix of apples. I definitely will do again and use some nuts and homemade bread. I made extra and poured on som...