Ingredients45 m servings 233
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute sweet onion in melted butter until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes; add rice and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes more.
- Pour Sauvignon Blanc over the rice mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the rice has absorbed the wine, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir 1 cup chicken broth into the rice mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the broth is absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes. Continue with remaining broth, 1 cup at a time.
- Remove saucepan from heat to add pumpkin puree, Gruyere cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper into the rice mixture, stirring until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 233 calories; 8.2 28.6 7.2 26 800 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made some modifications to this recipe, out of necessity (haven't been shopping in the last week), but I had a fresh pumpkin that I prepped and threw in there, homemade chicken/veggie broth an...
What a lovely surprise! I cut back slightly on the pumpkin for fear it would put the kids off, but I probably needn't have worried. Yum, yum, and YUM!
Delicious but, of course as most, I modified the recipe to use fresh pumpkin puree and 2 diced serrano peppers instead of cayenne and canned pumpkin. In addition to the substitutions, when addin...
Excellent. Best of the various pumpkin risotto recipes I have tried and relatively easy. Made 6 servings for 3 and no leftovers! Only change was added the pumpkin to the broth rather than add ...
This was absolutely delicious!!! The broth to rice ratio was way to much I ended up using 2 1/2 cups and probably should of just used two. Great rissoto recipe.