Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 52
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Arrange pumpkin pieces on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pumpkin meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Scrape pumpkin meat from the peel and transfer meat to a blender; blend until smooth.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may want to add a little water in your blender to facilitate the blending. After the puree is completed you could let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes and scoop out the puddle of water that surfaces. This will assure the puree isn't to wet.
- This would be a good opportunity to measure and separate accurate quantities for future recipes. Most recipes ask for 2 cups, so 500 ml jars are a good idea. You could also spice your puree at this stage while its still very hot to allow the spices to blend in. This will add much depth in the flavors.
Per Serving: 52 calories; 0.2 12.9 2 0 2 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I never baked pumpkin before, so I decided to try two separate recipes that both bake at 325° to see which one worked best. I split one sugar pumpkin to use in both recipes. The baking time f...
This was more labor-intensive than other pumpkin puree recipes I've tried, and took longer to cook than most. The result was terrible, as the long cook on a low setting really just dried out th...