Ingredients45 m servings 302
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups chicken stock into the pot; add potatoes. Bring the liquid to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the potatoes are beginning to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cod into the stock with the remaining chicken stock; season with parsley, seafood seasoning, garlic salt, salt, and black pepper. Stir flour into clam juice with a whisk until smooth; add to soup. Cook and stir until the liquid begins to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Beat cornstarch into cold water with a whisk until smooth; stir into soup. Cook just long enough for the cornstarch slurry to get warm and begin to thicken the liquid even further, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Stream half-and-half into the soup while stirring.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 11.1 26 24.7 72 671 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Instead of flour and cornstarch, try adding gluten free Idahoan potato flakes until just shy of desired consistency as it thickens a bit more. Also used canned milk in place of cream.
I haven't tried this particular recipe, but I made 1 similar to this- actually this recipe sounds closer w/ my substitutions than the one 1 made.....I also added a pound of fresh mushrooms slice...
Could have used more seasoning and thickness according to my husband. I liked it as it was.