Ingredients26 m servings 182 cals
- Combine tomatoes, onion, sugar substitute, salt, cloves, ginger, and black pepper in a microwave-safe bowl; cook in microwave on high for 15 minutes. Add evaporated milk and chicken to tomato mixture; cook in microwave until warmed, about 45 seconds.
- Ladle soup into 5 bowls and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese onto each serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- This can be modified to meet any cook's needs. It can be cooked on stove top, the microwave, or a slow cooker.
- For the slow cooker, I put all ingredients except for the chicken, evaporated milk, and Parmesan cheese in the slow cooker, starting with the chopped onion. Cook for 4 hours on Low. Add shredded chicken and evaporated milk and cook an additional 15 minutes or until re-heated. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese over surface of soup in each bowl.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 3 g fat; 22.6 g carbohydrates; 13.9 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 1541 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Yummy soup. Love the fire roasted tomatoes. I only used part of the evaporated milk... the rest I used some chicken stock. Forgot to top with parm, but I will with leftovers.
This recipe is not good. I doubled the batch because it sounded good but the milk ended up breaking apart. The ground cloves was WAY too strong and I added a ton of basil and other flavors to gi...