Sweet Potatoes with Zest!
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 415 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a fork can easily puncture a sweet potato, about 1 hour. Remove baking sheet from oven and cool sweet potatoes until easily handled, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skins from sweet potatoes and transfer sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Beat potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth. Add brown sugar and butter to sweet potatoes while they are still warm; beat until butter is melted and brown sugar is dissolved.
- Mix orange zest, orange juice, ginger, lemon zest, and salt into sweet potatoes; transfer to 9x9-inch baking dish. Heat sweet potatoes in oven if desired.
- Cook's Note:
- The juice of the lemon may also be added. It will however, increase the tartness.
- This is easily prepared in advance. Store in refrigerator. Reheat in 350 degree F (177 degree C) oven for about 40 minutes or microwave oven till heated through.
- A stand mixer is the easiest way to beat the sweet potatoes.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 11.7 g fat; 75.9 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 505 mg sodium. Full nutrition