Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 417
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place fish in a bowl and pour in Italian dressing; marinate in the refrigerator, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, paprika, garlic powder, lemon-pepper seasoning, and pepper together in a resealable bag. Pour beaten eggs into a separate resealable bag.
- Remove catfish from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Drop catfish into the bag with eggs and shake to coat. Remove a few catfish at a time from eggs using tongs and transfer to flour mixture; shake to coat.
- Cook catfish, working in batches, in the hot oil until fish float to the top and are cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove cooked fish with tongs or a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Season fish sticks with salt while still warm.
- Cook's Note:
- For a spicy adult flavor, I would substitute blackened seasoning for the listed seasonings above.
- Editor's Notes:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 417 calories; 24.9 33.7 14.8 129 1315 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I didn't use the egg, felt it was unneccesary. I didn't expect the Italian dressing to come through in this recipe but it did and it was a nice change. I flopped the flour/cornmeal ratio around ...