Michele Stuart's Pumpkin Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 325 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To prepare pie shell, on clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out dough with rolling pin until it forms a 10-inch circle. Fold circle in half, place it in 9-inch pie plate so that edges of circle drop over rim, unfold dough to completely cover pie plate. Using thumb and index finger, crimp edges of pie shell. Brush edges of pie shell with heavy cream to create a perfect, golden brown finish.
- To prepare filling, in large bowl, combine pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon and salt. Make sure to scrape sides of bowl several times to fully incorporate all ingredients. Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell, distributing evenly.
- To bake, place pie plate on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking approximately 35 minutes, or until pie is firm in the middle. Transfer pie plate to wire cooling rack and allow pie to cool and set 1 1/2 hours before serving.
- * A 5-pound sugar pumpkin yields about 2 cups. See Tip below.
- TIP: Pumpkin processing instructions can be found in Michele Stuart's "Perfect Pies and More" cookbook. (Alternatively, use a 15-ounce can of pumpkin filling, but you are strongly encouraged to try the fresh pumpkin variety.)
- TIP: Pumpkin Pie is best served cold or at room temperature.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 15.4 g fat; 41 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 368 mg sodium. Full nutrition