Ingredients1 h servings 236
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potatoes; pat dry. Prick with a fork; place in a shallow baking dish. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until soft. During the last 10 minutes of baking, prepare sauce.
- Melt shortening in medium saucepan (or place oil in saucepan). Add brown sugar, salt, orange juice and water, stirring over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until cranberries start to pop.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into cranberries; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Make a lengthwise cut in the center of each potato; press open from bottom. Place sweet potatoes on serving platter. Top each with cranberry sauce.
Per Serving: 236 calories; 8.1 39.2 2.2 0 269 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I love the orange juice/cranberry combination with sweet potatoes! I can't see why you would want to use shortening...maybe if you were allergic to butter? This recipe is much better with butter...
Since I'm the only sweet potato lover in the family I scaled this back to one potato. I cubed the sweet potato and roasted it before adding the sauce. I know that this is a Crisco recipe, but ...
I cubed the potatoes and roasted them and then poured the sauce on top. Oh my, that sauce was yummy! I got lots of compliments at dinner!