Cajun Corn Meal Breaded Chicken and Fish
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 914 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix corn meal mix, 1/2 cup flour, seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt in pie plate. Place remaining 1 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in shallow bowl. Place buttermilk and hot sauce in separate shallow bowl.
- Cut chicken or fish lengthwise into 5 x 1-inch strips. Working in batches, coat with flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip into buttermilk to coat, then coat with corn meal mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken or fish to hot oil in batches. Cook 3 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes to until golden brown and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F or fish flakes easily with fork. Drain on paper towels.
- * or substitute 1 1/2 pounds catfish fillets instead of chicken.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the oil ingredient, including that used for frying. The actual amount of the oil consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 914 calories; 67.5 g fat; 54.1 g carbohydrates; 25.8 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 1389 mg sodium. Full nutrition