Senate Bean Soup from Idahoan®
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 263 cals
- Heat olive oil in stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion, celery, and carrots and cook until they begin to to soften slightly.
- Add vegetable stock and ham bone. Bring to boil and reduce heat; simmer for an hour.
- Remove ham bone from pot and pick off ham; return meat to pot. Add the beans.
- Add package of Idahoan Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes and stir thoroughly.
- Mix in chopped parsley and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve.
- Related product:
- Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes
Per Serving: 263 calories; 5.7 g fat; 41.9 g carbohydrates; 12.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 649 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
this is hard to rate. I chose it for a base and it truly was a good one. I'm sure it would be good as is however I like to customize. I used extra beans, mashed them and used for thickener. I ad...
Loved this recipe! Served it to our dinner group for Sunday Lunch and all loved it. I used chicken stock insead of vegetable stock. Along with crusty bread, salad, macaroni salad and a yummy d...
Made as directed in the recipe. Really good. Will keep this one for more batches to use the ham bone leftover from holidays!
Made this in my Dutch oven and wow turned out great. finished in the bowl with a little parmesan cheese and a bit of Frank's hot sauce. Next time gonna add some peppered bacon!
I substituted a half pound of cubed ham for the ham bone and added an extra can of beans. Overall, good flavor but a bit too salty for my tastes. Next time I'd only use one 32 oz. container of b...
Very good. Easy to make. I was craving this and didn't want to let the soup simmer for the 1 hour but I did and it was the perfect time to let the meat really just fall off the bone. Did not n...