Scot's Au Gratin Shepherd's Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 360 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat oil and butter in a stock pot. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Coat the meat completely in flour and saute in the stock pot. Get it good and brown over medium heat. Don't be afraid to get the meat nice and dark.
- Once browned, add the vegetables and tomato paste. Mixture should be good and thick. Slowly add the beef stock while stirring the meat till meat is covered with liquid and continue to stir. Add bay leaf.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes to really incorporate the flavors as well as thicken.
- In a 1-quart casserole dish, pour stew into dish. Prepare a box of Idahoan Au Gratin potatoes following package directions for stove top and pour over the stew mixture.
- Place in a pre-heated oven covered for 15 minutes then remove cover and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Related products:
- Au Gratin Homestyle Casserole
Per Serving: 360 calories; 23.8 g fat; 7.3 g carbohydrates; 27.7 g protein; 95 mg cholesterol; 243 mg sodium. Full nutrition