Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 102
Original recipe yields 18 servings
- Place warm water and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Sift together flour and salt; mix in potato flakes.
- In a mixer bowl, combine yeast mixture, warm milk, butter and egg. Slowly beat in potato-flour mixture, one half cup at a time, until a soft dough is formed. If dough is sticky, add more flour, 2 tablespoons at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is easy to handle.
- Place in a greased bowl and brush with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Turn out on a lightly floured board and roll 1/2 thick. Cut into 2 inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter or cut into squares and roll up crescent style.
- Place on greased baking sheets and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
- * 1 envelope yeast equals 2 1/4 teaspoons.
- Related products:
- Original Mashed Potatoes
Per Serving: 102 calories; 2.6 16.6 2.8 15 86 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The baking time on this is way off. Set your timer for 10 - 12 minutes. This is the kind of dough that you can't 'manhandle' - it does not benefit from kneading. Also, the dough will look...