Special Cereal-Crusted Fish
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 118 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 fillets)
- Season each cod fillet with 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Squeeze one lime half over each fillet.
- Spread the crushed cereal into a wide, shallow bowl. Gently press cod fillets into the cereal to coat and shake gently to remove loose, excess crumbs. Place breaded fillets onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Fry coated in the hot oil until the bottom is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the fillets, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking until golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pollock or any similar fish will work well in this recipe in place of the cod.
- You can use any breakfast cereal you prefer for this.
- Editor's Notes:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the cereal. The actual amount of the cereal consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 2.1 g fat; 7.7 g carbohydrates; 17.1 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 205 mg sodium. Full nutrition